Manager Digital Innovation - Phoenix, AZDate posted 07/31/2019
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
- Gather, generate and document ideas, proposed solutions and initiatives from a wide variety of internal and external sources by attending industry conferences, reading articles and journals, conducting brainstorming workshops, interfacing with universities and other research organizations, and partnering with vendors
- Identify future trends (e.g. blockchain, AI, ML ) to assess their potential impact on and cost/benefit to the company, documenting for discussion and evaluation.
- Assist the CIO to identify, prioritize and communicate the innovation strategies, and support the CIO to articulate, socialize and execute the vision throughout the organization
- Create a pipeline of ongoing innovation ideas through a repeatable innovation process. Establish and maintain a framework for collecting, tracking, evaluating, and testing/vetting ideas, interfacing with universities and other research organizations, and partnering with vendors.
- Build relationships with personnel within the company to explore the feasibility and benefit of new technologies / products. Oversee pilot / proof-of-concept efforts and subsequent transition to functional teams.
- Advocate for innovation and build support (including budgetary) across the organization. Develop skills in employees to support creative thinking and innovation.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree and
- Eight (8) years of experience in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or a related field, including five (5) years of experience in Innovation Research and/or Management Consulting in the manufacturing or natural resources industry.
- Experience with innovation methods and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative and able to think broadly
- Experience in product development
- Experience functioning in an Agile organization
- Public speaking and workshop presentation experience
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting, and occasionally in an outdoor or plant environment.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in an outdoor or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws.
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
JobManager Digital Innovation - Phoenix, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaPhoenix Corporate Office
Freeport-McMoRan recently was named to Forbes magazine's 2019 Best Large Employers list – a ranking of companies liked best by employees. The 2019 list has Freeport-McMoRan ranked as the second best employer in Arizona and 143rd overall.