Quality Technician - Quality Lab- Bayway - Elizabeth, NJDate posted 03/29/2019
Freeport-McMoRan Bayway Operations in Elizabeth, N.J., provide high-quality specialty copper products to industries large and small. We produce a complete line of electrolytic tough pitch copper and oxygen-free copper wire in assorted configurations. We have become a recognized industry leader for specialty copper products by building highly reliable products, delivering on time, and offering superior technical support and customer service.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan Bayway Operations.
Under general supervision, performs quality assurance testing, analysis and document control in compliance with ISO 9001 standard.
- Operates/controls processing equipment to support production operations in manufacturing plant as per business need
- Performs specified quality assurance inspections on samples of finished products, report test data and control documents associated with the inspection process
- Performs quality inspections on incoming raw materials
- Conducts first-piece and in-process product inspections
- Assists new product development and continuous quality improvement activities
- Supports ISO 9001 quality management system
- Assists creating certificates of compliance and manages relevant traceability information
- Performs other duties as required
- One (1) year of experience in manufacturing, physical testing laboratory or similar operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of math, science and basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in base metal manufacturing
- Experience in ISO 9001 quality management system
- Experience in dimensional measurements and physical testing of metal products
- Ability to speak in Portuguese and/or Spanish
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 30 pounds) during the course of the workday
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobQuality Technician - Quality Lab- Bayway - Elizabeth, NJ
Primary LocationUnited StatesNew JerseyBayway
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.