Mine Crush/Convey Diagnostic Mechanic - Henderson Mine - Empire, CODate posted 04/21/2017
Climax Molybdenum Co., a subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan, is the world's leading molybdenum producer and supplier. Our global operations include both primary and byproduct molybdenum mines, integrated global operations, and local customer care. We provide our worldwide partners with the most reliable supply and highest quality molybdenum and rhenium products. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals who seek challenging, exciting and rewarding work for a company that supplies molybdenum for a variety of high-value applications in industries ranging from steel and oil to aerospace and construction. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Climax Molybdenum.
This position is located at the Henderson Mine, which is in an underground mine plant setting at an elevation of 10,800 feet above sea level. This may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
Highly skilled mechanic who safely perform diagnostic, maintenance, installation, and repair of equipment and processes in the underground crush and convey system.
- Performs maintenance repairs on crusher and belt systems which may include: crusher overhauls, liner changes, roller replacements, large pulley replacements, belt repairs and alignments, filtration systems, pumps, coolers, plumbing systems, electrical timers, air handling units, dust collection systems, apron feeders, scrapers and plows, magnet belts, chute systems, pneumatic systems, and drive systems
- Performs mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance such as changing filters in the dust collection systems and air handlers, hydraulic filter changes in hydraulic filter systems, and checking screens, oil levels and pressures
- Perform maintenance overhauls on crushers, gear reduction systems, and motor replacements
- Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed
- Responsible for maintaining work orders and performing work area inspections
- Train and mentor other employees
- Perform welding and fabrication. Performs welding tasks such as: Stick, Mig, Air lance, Air arc, Oxy-acetylene welding and three position welding on structural steel and advanced fabrication tasks
- Act as a Fill-in Supervisor as needed
- May operate mobile equipment such as: Forklifts, tractors, overhead cranes, and any necessary underground equipment to perform maintenance activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Two (2) years of experience in Crush and Convey mechanical/maintenance or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics and blueprints and equipment operations and maintenance manuals
- Possess knowledge of ISO standards
- Computer skills
- Proficient and safe operation of rigging and hoisting equipment
- High School diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of experience in industrial fixed plant maintenance
- Two (2) years of experience in crushing or conveying maintenance in a high production environment or with material handling systems
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Nearest Major CityDenver
JobMine Crush/Convey Diagnostic Mechanic - Henderson Mine - Empire, CO
Primary LocationUnited StatesColoradoHenderson Mine (Empire, CO)
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.