Accountant II - Sierrita - Green Valley, AZDate posted 10/11/2018
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Perform accounting and reporting duties primarily focused on the accounting close process. Responsibilities include recording journal entries, performing financial analysis and account reconciliations among other duties.
Complete assigned duties as part of the accounting close process
Apply knowledge of accounting policies and procedures to tasks which include recording journal entries, and research and analysis among other duties
Analyze financial and operational data and communicate results timely and effectively to management
Perform analysis and reconciliation through system queries, research, investigation of reconciling items and resolution
Review processes for improvements as changes occur or new requirements are added to the month-end close process. Use knowledge gained in making recommendations that are practical and which gain efficiencies
Perform other accounting and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related area and three (3) years of Accounting experience
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification
Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or MBA
Accounting experience in a mining, manufacturing, and/or heavy industrial environment
Experience with forecasting/budgeting
Experience with cost analysis
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is mostly performed in an office setting
- Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobAccountant II - Sierrita - Green Valley, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaGreen Valley
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.