Technical Instructor/Facilitator - Heavy Equipment Maintenance - SCTI - Miami, AZDate posted 07/11/2018
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Deliver competency based learning and assessment to a culturally diverse range of learners in on job and off job situations. Contribute as a member of a larger team of educational professionals, at all times demonstrating those behaviors that fully support technical training values and Freeport-McMoRan SHE policies and procedures.
- Deliver/facilitate on and off the job Competency Based Development in field of expertise in order to meet customer development needs and quality standards
- Assist to create competency based learning materials so that learning programs delivered achieve their intended learning outcomes
- Assist to create competency based assessment tools, professionally conduct on and off the job competency assessments in field of expertise in order to ensure assessment standards are met
- Assist to schedule and communicate learning programs, follow schedules to ensure that programs are delivered as planned
- Accurately record and report participant learning and assessment results so that participant records are consistently kept up to date and recorded in the company learning management system
- Respond to customer learning and development requirements. Provide appropriate technical support and advise in order to assist, meet/exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrate competence in the principles of application of competency based learning so that development programs delivered and assessed meet quality standards
- Demonstrate behaviors that match technical training values, follow and apply Freeport-McMoRan policies and procedures in order to be a role model for development program participants
- Perform other duties as required
- Achieved a level of technical competence equivalent to that of an Assistant Instructor, Master Tradesperson, or similar level of proven competency and seven (7) years of directly related work experience, OR
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of directly related work experience
- Qualifications in the delivery and assessment of competency based learning programs
- Skill in analytical thinking
- Demonstrate behaviors that match technical training values, follow and apply Freeport-McMoRan SHE policies and procedures in order to be a role model for development program participants
- Demonstrate competence in the principles and application of competency based learning so that development programs delivered and assessed meet CBD standards
- Understand and competently apply professionally accepted principles to adult learning so that learners are given maximum opportunity to develop job competence
- High School diploma or GED
- Seven (7) or more years of experience maintaining: track dozers, motor graders, wheel loaders, rubber tire dozers, excavators, low voltage electrical systems, mobile air conditioning and Caterpillar specific diagnostic software
Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toed boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment
- Employee will be required to work in environments which may include exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobTechnical Instructor/Facilitator - Heavy Equipment Maintenance - SCTI - Miami, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaMiami Mine/Smelter
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.