Boilermaker Welder - Fab Shop - Morenci, AZDate posted 06/12/2019
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
A Boilermaker/Welder performs duties related to assembly, maintenance, and repair of boilers, pressure vessels, tanks and vats by performing a variety of complex welding processes such as electric resistance, oxy acetylene or arc torches.
Perform routine maintenance activities
Develop solutions for various maintenance situations
Complete Work Orders and other maintenance documentation
Train and mentor maintenance employees
Perform other tasks as assigned
Two (2) years of experience in the crafts of Welder/Boilermaker or a combination of education and experience
Proficiency in welding/cutting
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience welding on 793 Haul Truck beds
- Experience welding on 74-yard and 62-yard P&H dipper buckets
- Welding with 1/16" MIG wire (75/25 mix)
- Ability to read blue prints and engineered drawings to fabricate projects in a shop
- Air arching experience
- Three (3) years of experience in the craft of Welder/Boilermaker, with one (1) or more years of on the job experience
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
JobBoilermaker Welder - Fab Shop - Morenci, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaMorenci
Freeport-McMoRan recently was named to Forbes magazine's 2019 Best Large Employers list – a ranking of companies liked best by employees. The 2019 list has Freeport-McMoRan ranked as the second best employer in Arizona and 143rd overall.