Infrastructure Technician II - Morenci, AZDate posted 04/12/2019
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision, support the computing and communication environment, including desktop, servers, network infrastructure, wireless, voice and data communication systems. Provide field technical support to end users and operational systems.
- Set-up, deliver and install personal computers, telephone, network and peripheral equipment using established and defined procedures and processes
- Configure, install, troubleshoot and monitor communications devices, including switches, hubs, wireless devices, MESH networking components, voice system, RF systems and other networking infrastructure (both copper and fiber optic)
- Assist in the management of site's servers and process control infrastructure, including site virtual/physical servers and storage devices
- Assist in the execution of projects related to MIS and process infrastructure
- Actively participate in Safety and Environmental programs, ensure MIS policy compliance and site operational goals
- Perform other duties as required
- Four (4) years of experience in computer/electronic systems hardware/software troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair AND one (1) Technical Certification in a discipline relevant to the role that the applicant will be filling, OR
- Six (6) years of experience in computer/electronic systems hardware/software troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair
High School diploma or GED
A+ and/or Net+ certifications
Advanced Desktop support technologies experience
Able to create and modify technical documentation
Experience with cameras, printers, cell phones
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- May be required to work a non-standard schedule which may include shift work (other than day shift) in a 24/7/365 operation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobInfrastructure Technician II - Morenci, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaMorenci
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.