Industrial Electrician - 3rd Shift - Norwich, CTDate posted 10/05/2017
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Skilled workers in the electrical/instrumentation field whose duties include but are not limited to removal, repair and installation of electrical components and basic to intermediate troubleshooting. Employee will work under minimal supervision where the primary objective is safe production.
- Safe completion of routine and non-routine repairs and construction
- Performing preventative maintenance, installation and repair of industrial electrical and/or instrumentation equipment (i.e. substations, power distribution systems, switchgear motors, motor controls, systems and components, process controls, instrumentation and pneumatic equipment)
- Assisting with troubleshooting of industrial electrical and/or instrumentation equipment
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned according to business need
- Completion of an approved certified electronics, electrical and/or instrumentation program OR a minimum of two (2) years of experience OR a combination of education and experience in industrial electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance
- Basic experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical circuits and connected equipment
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles
- Current schedule consists of either ten hours per shift four days a week or eight hours per shift five days a week with the possibility of overtime - schedule may vary depending on business needs
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- May work weekends, holidays, and both scheduled and unscheduled overtime as business needs dictate
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety foot wear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobIndustrial Electrician - 3rd Shift - Norwich, CT
Primary LocationUnited StatesConnecticutNorwich
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.