IT Security Analyst I - PhoenixDate posted 03/13/2018
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision, the Security Analyst will complete tasks designed to ensure security of company systems and information assets. Contribute efforts towards preventing data loss and service interruptions by research, analysis, development, documentation, testing, or modification of technologies, systems or programs based on design specifications that will effectively protect the network. Analyzes reports and other data to assist with identifying potential risks and vulnerabilities within FMI.
- Work within the Security team to develop, implement, test and document security control systems and equipment, including prototypes
- Research new technologies, processes, and configurations to effectively protect the network. Provide recommendations based on research
- Analyze reports and other data to identify trends and concerns
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, Engineering or a related field
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, presentation and facilitation
- Previous knowledge and experience with Splunk, IPv6 and RegEx Development
- Previous experience with technical writing
Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
Position is in a busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Ability to work for hours at a time in front of a computer and keyboard utilizing Microsoft desktop tools
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Nearest Major CityPhoenix
JobIT Security Analyst I - Phoenix
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaPhoenix Corporate Office
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.