Systems Architect III - End User Devices - Phoenix, AZDate posted 05/21/2019
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Member of team responsible for the overall management and security of end user devices. Analyze technologies and recommend upgrades/changes based on assessments of the organization's current and future end user device needs.
- Design system solutions and create implementation and support models to secure, manage, patch, update and deliver digital services (i.e. applications) to end user devices including but not limited to, mobile desktop, kiosk and handheld scanners
- Create both short and long-term end user device roadmaps based on an understanding of the organizational strategic requirements, technology, context, security and business needs; develop proof of concepts as necessary to confirm roadmaps
- Define and review reports to ensure all services are completely and successfully delivered; proactively intervene to correct problems when they are encountered; and use metrics to improve processes
- Work effectively with other IS teams and outsourcing provider(s) to ensure technology solutions are effectively managed and performed
- Ensure a thorough analysis of service results, and respond to any escalated (Tier 3) service delivery issues
- Assess organization’s current and future technology needs; set direction and lead improvements of techniques, methodologies and deliverables
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field and eight (8) years of experience in the Information Services, which includes five (5) years of experience with desktop systems technologies
- Experience with InTune, SCCM, and Airwatch
- Experience with defining application delivery packages
- Experience working with external vendors to identify technology solutions
- Experience with disk encryption technologies
- Experience with defining application deployment technology
- Experience with PowerShell for task automation and configuration management
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office located in Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator
- Occasionally work may be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobSystems Architect III - End User Devices - Phoenix, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaPhoenix Corporate Office
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.