Automated Equipment Repair Employee - CASC - Safford, AZDate posted 09/21/2018
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Skilled Mechanic who safely perform diagnostic, maintenance, installation and repair on robotic and automated systems, compact crushing and milling equipment in a laboratory setting.
- Assists with diagnostics, installation, replacement and repair of systems and equipment; including but not limited to: automated equipment, robotic equipment, compact crushing and milling equipment, sample preparation, dust collection, and chemical preparation
- Assists with and performs routine and non-routine mechanical and preventive maintenance on systems and equipment
- Prioritizes and makes decisions regarding equipment repair as needed
- Responsible for performing work area inspections and other maintenance documentation as required
- May perform welding and fabrication
- May operate mobile equipment such as forklifts, cranes and boom trucks
- Performs housekeeping duties
- Follows and understands MSHA rules and regulations, environmental rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work area instructions, participates in safety and environmental activities, uses plant and equipment correctly at all times
- Performs other duties as required
- One (1) year of experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair
- Ability to read and understand schematics, blueprints, equipment operations, maintenance manuals, parts lists and repair
- Knowledge of basic electrical
- Proficiency in welding/cutting (MIG, ARC, Oxy-acetylene)
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous experience operating and maintaining automated and sample preparation equipment and systems, such as Herzog, Nucomat, ABB Robotics, Lewis, etc.
- HMI/PLC and/or DCS interface experience
- Willing and able to travel throughout the USA and internationally
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is in a laboratory or mine setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy-to-heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, laboratory, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobAutomated Equipment Repair Employee - CASC - Safford, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaSafford 3 (CASC)
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.