Senior Inventory Controller - Safford, AZDate posted 12/07/2017
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Manages inventory replenishment, safety stock and forecasting for strategic commodities and standardizes inventory management and replenishment processes. Integrates with Maintenance and Operations personnel regarding usage forecasts and equipment criticality, communicates inventory forecasts to key suppliers and expedites key parts to support key maintenance work orders and production forecasts. Responsible for catalog standardization and efficient storage and distribution processes. Identifies inventory sharing opportunities and establishes common stock management and sharing processes across sites.
- Manage inventory levels for a defined group of stock codes and/or consumables to achieve optimal availability at minimum cost to the business utilizing inputs from maintenance & operations planners and inventory management software tools
- Ensure processes are in place to monitor and improve inventory accuracy and warehouse service level performance for continued customer satisfaction
- Implement stocking and replenishment policies, including automation rules and stratification guidelines across all stock codes under their control, to ensure the health of the inventory
- Evaluate and approve new stock requests from the business to ensure the requested inventory levels will provide optimal parts availability at minimum cost; ensure that all required information is included with the request and set up and maintained in the system accurately
- Make decisions regarding potentially obsolete, excess and vendor returnable inventory based on inputs from the business and analysis using inventory management software tools; coordinate disposition with Asset Recovery or Purchasing as required
- Use data and analytical tools to perform root cause analysis on issues that impact inventory performance and initiates appropriate corrective actions
- Lead and participate in inventory and warehousing projects designed to improve inventory performance
- Utilize subject matter expertise to make recommendations on inventory management and warehouse best practices
- Communicate and collaborate with end users and maintenance in evaluating stock level change needs
- Perform root cause analysis on inventory functions and manage complex high dollar high risk inventory activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field and three (3) years of experience in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field
- Strong Proficiency in SAP, OAS (Oniqua Analytics Solution), MARS (Material Automated Request System), POTOBS (Potentially Obsolete reviews)
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office- Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office
- Location requires mobility in an office environment
- Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in an outdoor or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Nearest Major CitySafford
JobSenior Inventory Controller - Safford, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaSafford 5 (Mine Operations)
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.