Technical Expert, Underground Materials ManagementDate posted 03/14/2019
Provide knowledge and expertise on Inventory, Expediting, and Container Management to different groups of Materials Management, its customers, its offsite purchasing offices, its shipping warehouses and its suppliers to support an effective and efficient business operation of Material Management department as well as to provide trainings to National Staff employees on warehousing and inventory in order to meet department's and Company's requirements.
1. Provide recommendations and other inputs to jobsite departments and privatization partners related to Inventory, Expediting, and Container Management issues that may have impacts on planning, organizing, monitoring, and controlling of the logistics of all materials to ensure optimal availability of all materials requirements at jobsite in order to provide efficient and effective in O & M support and to meet the goals according to company's policies and procedures.
2. Using projected inventory as the predicate; review and analyze storage density at warehouses, predict space availability for future requirement and to optimize current conditions, particularly on palletized storage areas, light shelving area and vidmar areas to help warehouse personnel predict space and storage requirements by giving advanced notices and making efficiency recommendations.
3. Review and recommend changes in key performance indicators by reviewing and analyzing result of workforce productivity, warehouse and inventory accuracy, stock levels storage density and replenishment lead times, and ensure issue and receipt activities are performed in accordance with the company and materials management policies and procedures.
4. Maintain close integration of various materials inventory requirement with user departments (PTFI and Privatized companies), in order to increase work relationship, communication the group efficiency and effectiveness, and support overall process.
5. Provide high level guidance and review and make recommendations on the process and procedures improvements, including improvements in system developments for materials management.
6. Review and process recommended orders classified as “A” items as required by the Inventory Controller.
7. Review timely report to evaluate each section's performance and advise for recommended improvements.
8. Review and approve air-freight for inventory stock items as assigned by the Inventory Controller to maintain the smoothness of material deliveries.
9. Review vendor supply contracts to ensure that contract terms, i.e., rates, type of payment, services etc. are meeting budget and company's overall expectations and make recommendations for improvements.
10. Assist Inventory Controller, Expeditor, and Container Controller by identifying personnel training shortfalls and making recommendations for development to improve the quality of the workforce.
11. Enforce implementation of company safety and environmental policies to achieve all operational activities in line with such policies.
Master’s degree in Business or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent. A minimum of fifteen (15) years of work experience relative to inventory control and the supply chain. Expert level knowledge in Inventory Control and advance knowledge in otherareas of the supply chain. Functional knowledge and experience in mining or minerals processing environment.
Concern for Safety and Environment - Reflects an underlying drive to create safety- working environment or prevent accidents in the surrounding environment.
Expert knowledge in Inventory Control with functional knowledge in all other aspects of the supply chain.
Advanced knowledge of the Enterprise system computer applications (Ellipse) and advanced knowledge in computer and computer software operations.
Complex Project Management and long-term planning skills.
Advanced knowledge of the principles of finance and accounting.
Willingness to work in a team environment.
High level communication and presentation skills.
Strong English skills, both oral and written.
Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
Highly proactive and achievement oriented.
Highly focused toward satisfying customer requirements.
Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
JobTechnical Expert, Underground Materials Management
See What's Inside
Get a glimpse of what it's like to work here.